The first review is for the Kai Pure Komachi 2 8-Piece Knife Set and we put this as our #1 set of Chef Knives. The main reason we have put this as number 1 is the quality is awesome and also it is a good go- between.
If you are looking for some knives that are sharp, quality and will last a long time then the Kai Pure Komachi 2 knife set is the one for you. Of course if you are looking for something more heavy duty fit for professionals I would check out the Wusthof Knife that we have reviewed here as it is really top class.
First though let us have a look at the features of the Kai Pure Komachi 2 8-Piece Knife Set:
- High carbon stainless steel blades retain a super-sharp edge
- FDA approved non-stick coating on each blade for easy slicing and easy cleanup
- Color-matched handles are light-weight and comfortable and are also ergonomically designed to reduce fatigue
- Perfect combination of blade styles for all your cutting needs
- Color coding reduces risk of cross-contamination during food preparation
Apart from being an awesome knife set these look really cool as well. You will not find a more fun, colorful knife set for the price anywhere. Don’t think these knives are to be taken lightly though, they really get the job done and are super sharp.
The reason they are color coded means that it is simple to pick the knife that you want to use for meat, vegetables etc… so it is hygienic. The color is made by bonding food safe, FDA approved non-stick coating to a high carbon stainless steel blade.
So this means that the coating will actually help protect your knives and allow them to last longer and resist corrosion. The Pure Komachi 2 knives are lightweight and ergonomically contoured for the ultimate comfort.
This is the set to pick up if you want a quality set of knifes that are ideal for the budding cook and likewise can be used by professionals for a very reliable set of knifes.
You get 8 pieces in the set and these include a 4 inch tomato knife, 4 inch citrus knife, 3 ½ inch paring knife, 6 inch multi utility knife, 9 inch slicing knife, 6 ½ inch Santoku knife, 8 inch chef knife and 8 inch bread knife.
Right now you can save 21% on the Kai Pure Komachi 2 Knifes At Amazon.com:
By B. Junkin-Mills:
I cook a lot, and good sharp knives are essential. Without them, food prep becomes needlessly tedious- so I will spend money on good knives. I already owned a few Komachi 2 knives and I really like them, so I was thrilled to pick this set up.
- Komachi knives are VERY sharp. They go through almost anything (acorn squash, heavy cheeses, breads, chicken, etc) very easily. Be careful. I mean it. They are really REALLY sharp!
- Excellent variety of knives (see breakdown below).
- Brilliant colors. This is ostensibly to help you track which knife cut what but honestly each knife is different so you don’t really need the color to help with that. But I love the colors because they add a nice bold splash to my kitchen.
- Lightweight (both a pro and a con); your hand won’t get tired while cutting.
- Non-stick coating so food doesn’t, well, stick. Read More At Amazon.com……
By The Straw Man:
The vivid, luscious and bright colors of these knives scream crayons or candy. They actually resemble the former and latter more than they resemble knives. Never fear however at the end of the day these knives can cut…..very well.
In this set there are eight knives by Komachi:
- 4-inch Tomato Knife
- 4-inch Citrus Knife
- 3-1/2-inch Paring Knife
- 6-inch Multi Utility Knife
- 6-1/2-inch Santoku Knife
- 8-inch Bread Knife
- 8-inch Chef’s Knife
- 9-inch Slicing Knife
The knives are also (sort of) color coded, for instance the tomato knife is red and the citrus knife is yellow. As for sharpness, these knives are very, very sharp. I have used them for both vegetables and meat. I cut my cutting (pun intended) time in half. This is mainly due to the ergonomics of the handle and razor-sharp blade slicing takes half the time. I finely chopped a heart of celery very, very quickly and with good precision. I also cut up some raw and cooked chicken and again the accurateness of the blade(s) is amazing. Read More At Amazon.com…..